Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Creative Exploration

The topic for this months ABS Blog Carnival is Exploration. Which is fantastic because I've recently done some creative exploration!

While finishing up a special piece I was trying to decide what clasp to use. Not just any clasp would do though, it had to be just as special.

Right around the same time one of my fellow Fire Divas released a very helpful tutorial. Wire Wrapping Basics by Theresa Ehlers.



With the help of Theresa's tut I was able to create the perfect clasp!



But the creative exploration didn't stop there.... I also made a pair of earrings that are %100 made by myself, well short of pulling the wire. I was so excited to break out some new tools I've slowly been stashing! This creative exploration has inspired me to another level!

7 comments:

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Kudos to you for trying something new!!!

Islandgirl said...

Come visit with your silver scrap and we can melt it down and turn it back into wire then you will have done everything! I have the tools... and one necklace to prove it can be done!

You did a great job on that 'hook'!

Tease Beads said...

Your pieces look fantastic! I am SO glad you got such great use out of my tutorial!

Jeannie said...

Beautiful pieces! It's always fun to spread our wings and explore. Don't stop, it looks like you'll be fantastic at this

Nicki said...

Your clasp looks really neat. I never have the right clasp on hand (especially when I don't use silver wire, but copper or so, I never find the right colored clasp), so I went to try some out recently. It's so much fun, isn't it?

JanelDudleyBeads said...

Island girl thank you for the invite!

Yes! I'm having a blast! This tut has inspired me to make more jewelry!

cindydolezaldesigns said...

Keep those tools handy. You're off to a great start.