Friday, April 9, 2010

Pressing Advice

A couple months ago I bought a brass bead press, after trying it a couple times I got frustrated due to user error. So I didn't use it until my friend and fellow Fire Diva, Holly at Holly'sFollyGlass told me the trick was to press gently!

Her advice was what I needed to get me to try using my press again, and it worked!!



I am now so excited to use it and can't wait to get back up to the shop to use it again! Thank you Holly, yet again you have given me such useful advice!

3 comments:

Beadwright said...

Wow those turned out perfect!!!
Love the colors too.
Nicole/Beadwright

CreekHiker said...

I was thinking about you and presses when I was working last week... Another dumb tip... when you see breaking mandrel poop, blow it out of your press or pick it off the mandrel with your tweezers...keeps it out of the bead!

Those are freaking gorgeous!!!

icarusbeads said...

Great beads. Love the colors and the shape. Is this the "Classy Crystal" press? LOL - I own it, but don't use it often enough. Should blow away the dust and use it again.
Gorgeous work!