Saturday, April 3, 2010

Family , Friends, Food and Glass!

This last weekend my honey and I had to go to L.A. for his work. Even though work, smog and nasty traffic was involved, we did get to have some fun!

While we were out there I was going to be able to meet a glassy friend! A fellow Fire Diva , Holly at HollysFollyGlass I adore Holly and I am so glad I finally got to meet her! She's the best!

It only made sense to invite her to join us for lunch at honey's 1st job site!

The first site we had to go to was Xai, an old church that had been renovated into a wonderful tea house and restaurant. I drank a tea called Jasmine Ancient Beauty, it comes from thousand year old trees that are in a protected forest reserve on the Jing Mai Mountains!

The food was delicious! We had ordered the appetizer combo which consisted of Hummus, Baba Ghanoush and Tabouli pomegranate salad!

Here's what desert looked like!




Not only did we have an awesome lunch but Holly gifted me this beautiful handmade lampwork bead that she made! I am so in love with this bead! I really admired how she was able to get such defined cuts into it while still having graciously smooth corners, and the color rocks, too boot!





After lunch we had plans to go to a flameworking studio & supply
shop, The Mandrel owned by another fellow Fire Diva, Donna at PrimaDonnaBeads !



It was the first glass supply shop I had ever been to! It's so cool! There was a flameworking class in session, there's about 8 or more torches set up, lot's of lampwork beads, tools and a wide variety of glass! I found some colors I needed and wanted! And you know what? Donna is even cooler than her shop!





After that we went to the beach!





I just had to put my feet in the sand and water! I miss the ocean terribly and wish I could live by it for the rest of my life!


On Sunday my honey and I met up with family and went to a bike race!





After the race we went to our family's house which was just 1 block away from the ocean!



They made us a yummy BBQ dinner!




The next day honey had to work, so Holly and Mabel (her dog) kidnapped me and we went to lunch and did more glass stuff!!

Later that day though we had to head back home. We has such a wonderful time in L.A. thanks to our family, friends, the delicious food and of course, the glass!!

4 comments:

Maybeads said...

What a cool "work" trip! Sounds like a blast! I'm jealous you got to meet Holly in person (and also jealous of your lunch - yum!), and then Donna. And that pink flower bead - Holly, that's gorgeous! Thanks for letting us in on your vacation, Janelle! =)

Beadwright said...

What a nice way to spend time. All the goodies.

Have a happy weekend
Nicole/Beadwright

CreekHiker said...

It WAS a blast. Janel is as sweet & pretty in person as I thought she would be! And her BEADS!!! They are even more gorgeous!!!!! A great time was had by all, including Mabel Lou!

JanelDudleyBeads said...

:) You all make me smile! Thank you for such kind words!