Saturday, February 20, 2010

ABS Carnival Bloggers - Passion

The other day I finally got up to the shop, with high expectations of experimenting with new colors and creating the most fabulous beads.



In the end I only made three beads that did not cut the mustard, and ruined 4 to boot! Frustrated by the outcome of the experiments, I had to call it a day.

What is it that makes us artist tick? Why is it that no matter how many "Bad Bead Days" we may have, we always jump back on that horse?



It's passion! The deep undying passion we have for our art and creating it! Such a deep love that no matter how many "bad bead days" we may have, we just can't help but long to create more!

Whole Lotta Love by Holly's Folly Glass



While creating you feel a peaceful almost trance like state of meditation. A higher state of awareness takes over and you are one with your creation!

Enameled OM lampwork glass focal bead by Ema K Designs

From the first time a design "Pops" into your head, to actually perfecting it and declaring it finished, there is passion guiding you through your artistic journeys!



Raw Experience by Janel Dudley Beads

11 comments:

Lea Avroch said...

Wonderful post Janel! I love all the beads you selected for this post, but I must say I am mesmerized by your murrini necklace! I absolutely love it!

JanelDudleyBeads said...

Thank you so much Lea!

Emakaye said...

A beautiful post and so very true. Thanks for including my OM bead but I must say your Raw Experience necklace is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!

CreekHiker said...

Janel! Terrific job for your inaugural ABS Carnival post!!!! Thanks for featuring my beads too!

You did a great job! So glad a fellow Diva is along for this ride!

JanelDudleyBeads said...

Whew! Thank you ladies! Holly I agree, glad there's a fellow Fire Diva doing ABS carnival!

cindydolezaldesigns said...

A bad bead day is better than a good other day anytime.

Azure Islands Designs said...

Stopped by from the ABS blog...your beads are wonderful...love them!

Cheers

Jen V. said...

I agree...a bad bead day is recoverable. haaaaaaa And, as a happy part of my passion, today I found your lovely work!!! It's going to be a great bead day!!

TesoriTrovati said...

Bad bead days... can there really be such a thing? Of course, it doesn't always work out, but any day that I get to play with beads - and fuel my passion - is a good bead day! Thanks for your inspiration today! Enjoy the day! Erin

Michelle Mach said...

Isn't it funny how the designs in our head are much more perfect--and quicker to create--than the designs we actually make? Sometimes it's necessary to slog through those bad bead days in order to have a creative breakthrough.

JanelDudleyBeads said...

Thank you for the comments!!