Thursday, July 16, 2009

Adding a creative upcycled touch

One of the things I do while not lampworking, is make my own business card envelopes and and "Thank you" cards from magazines or books that are destined for the landfill.

I've found that the best place to find books and magazines are thrift stores, yard sales and the unwanted rack at the library.



(At first I really didn't feel right cutting up books, but I reminded myself where their path would otherwise be heading.)



Each envelope and card adds a visually fun and unique upcycled touch. They are a useful way to send a "Thank you" and an excellent way to present a business card!



In the near future I would like to use recycled only shipping products!

5 comments:

CreekHiker said...

I used to do this all the time. Martha Stewart used to have such great pics and I would make my own enevelopes.

Do you include a photo of your beads on the card... that's a nice way to document what beads you've purchased!

JanelDudleyBeads said...

There is a picture of one of my beads on the card, but I love your idea about multiple beads on cards!

Thank you!

cabin + cub said...

I love cutting up old books and mags too... I figure, its a good way of recycling ones that no one wants. ;)
Cute envelopes!

Jennifer's Craft Store said...

That is such a great idea! I have tons of magazines around the house I can do that with!

Sylvia Kubilus-Elam said...

Hi JANEL!
You are just such a creative GAL!

Hey, I have an AWARD for YOU...but you must come to MY BLOG to accept it...

xxxthanxooo
Sylvia :0)